Kale plant in my garden
I was hungry for something healthy and refreshing so I decided to create a rice bowl with kale. This recipe is super healthy but is yet filled with satisfying flavors. Kale is full of many nutrients such as vitamin C and beta carotene and is also rich in calcium. You can use many substitutions like avocado and onions in this recipe to make it fit what you like to eat. It can be a vegetation dish or you can simply add chick or steak to it!
Kale Rice Bowls
By Niki Cade
- 1 C dry brown rice or white rice
- 1 1/2 C Kale, chopped
- 1 C cooked zucchini, cut in cubes (Season with garlic powder and salt and pepper)
- 1 tomato, chopped (Or you can use salsa if you want)
- 1/3 C parsley, minced
- 1 C organic black beans
- 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 C sour cream for on top
- 2 already cooked chicken breasts, diced *optional
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook rice according to package. Set aside.
Put as much cooked rice as you would like on plate, about 1/2 cup. Add beans, chopped kale, cooked zucchini, tomato, cheese, chopped chicken if desired, and parsley on top of rice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze a little lemon on top. Top with sour cream.
Serve rice and beans warm. Everything else at room temperature. I like to melt the cheese on mine so I stick it in the microwave. Enjoy!